Recent CTF Country Meeting - November 1, 2012 in Istanbul, Turkey
The third meeting of pilot countries and regions participating in the Clean Technology Fund (CTF) took place on Thursday, November 1, 2012 in Istanbul, Turkey in association with the CIF 2012 Partnership Forum.
The meeting provided the opportunity for pilot countries to share experiences, successes and challenges, and lessons learned from the CTF implementation process. Participants also had the opportunity to discuss and provide feedback and recommendations on the revised CTF results framework. The final agenda is available below.
8:30 am: Registration
9:00 am – 9:30 am: Opening and Introduction
9:30 am – 12:30 pm: CTF Implementation Experiences and Lessons Learned
- The first 13 CTF investment plans were endorsed by the Trust Fund Committee between January 2009 and March 2010. To date, although half of the CTF funding has been approved, progress on implementation has been uneven. Many countries are now revising their investment plans to reflect changing circumstances on the ground; three countries have already revised their investment plans and ten countries are expected to present revisions or updates to the Trust Fund Committee in November 2012 or May 2013.
- This session drew experiences and lessons learned from the CTF countries focusing on several key questions: (1) What are the top 3 lessons from each country’s participation in the CTF? (2) What is the experience of in-country coordination and country ownership toward a programmatic approach for transformation? (3) What are the main challenges and barriers and what can be done to address them? (4) How have circumstances in countries changed since investment plans were endorsed?
- Countries also shared experiences on implementing projects financed by the CTF.
- Country updates: Morocco, Thailand, Vietnam (pdf)
12:30 pm - 12:45 pm: Briefing on Consultations for Trust Fund Committee Seats
- The CTF Program Coordinator briefed countries and responded to questions on the consultations for selecting countries to sit on the CTF Committee and Joint CTF-SCF Committee. The consultations were held in Istanbul on Monday, November 5, 2012.
12:45 pm – 1:00 pm: Wrap-up and Closing
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Lunch
Note: The following session was open to CTF countries and contributor countries only.
2:00 pm – 3:45 pm: Consultation on Revised Results Framework
- A revised results framework for the CTF was proposed with a view to streamlining the indicators. The objective of the session was to (1) seek feedback from the CTF countries on the proposed results framework prior to its discussion by the Trust Fund Committee; and (2) to get the buy-in of the CTF counties regarding the submission of a revised framework for approval by the Trust Fund Committee.
- The CIF Administrative Unit introduced the proposed revised logic model and results framework. Representatives from CTF countries worked in groups to provide feedback and recommendations on the proposed results framework.
The Meeting of the CTF Countries was followed by a Learning Workshop on Wind Power and Biodiversity Issues from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm.