Shifting to low carbon, climate-resilient economies that can stabilize global warming at 2° Celsius and support ever-increasing aspirations of current and future generations requires major transformations. International cooperation that combines strong political will and policies, incentives, innovation, and scaled-up investment can achieve strong economic performance while reducing greenhouse gas emission.
Since 2008 the Climate Investment Funds (CIF) have been a leader in these efforts. With more than $8 billion in resources, expected to attract at least $57 billion in co-financing, the CIF is delivering investments at scale to empower transformations in the energy, transport, and forestry sectors, and climate-resilient development in 63 developing countries.
The CIF 2014 Annual Report, "Delivering at Scale, Empowering Transformation," highlights emerging results and trends in the CIF portfolio, lessons being learned, and key highlights from 2014.
Explore the 2014 CIF Annual Report
- Introduction: Delivering at Scale, Empowering Transformation
- Empowering Renewable Energy Deployment
- Empowering Climate-Smart Planning and Decision Making
- Empowering Sustainable Forest Investments
- Empowering Financial Partners
- Empowering Learning
- Trust Fund Summaries and Contribution Status
- Endorsed Investment Plans and Approved Projects
- 2014 CIF-related Knowledge Products
- Members and Observers of Trust Fund Committees and Sub-Committees
- Acronyms, abbreviations, and endnotes