PPCR Pilot Countries Meeting - October 30, 2012 in Istanbul, Turkey
The sixth meeting of pilot countries and regions participating in the Pilot Program for Climate Resilience (PPCR) took place on October 30, 2012 in Istanbul, Turkey in association with the CIF 2012 Partnership Forum.
The meeting provided the opportunity for pilot countries to give updates on their progress with the SPCR programming and implementation process. Participants also had the opportunity to discuss and provide feedback on the PPCR learning product; the revised PPCR results framework and the PPCR M&E showcases. The final agenda and all presentations are available below.
Final Agenda (pdf)
List of Participants (pdf)
8:30 am: Registration
9:00 am – 9:30 am: Opening and Introduction
9:30 am – 11:30 am: Updates from Pilot Countries and Discussion
- Pilot countries updated meeting participants on the status of their SPCR implementation, with particular focus on their progress, challenges, and lessons learned: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Dominica, Grenada, Haiti, Jamaica, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Tajikistan, Yemen, Zambia (pdf)
11:30 am – 12:30 pm: Presentation of PPCR Learning Product and Discussion
- The CIF Knowledge Management Specialist presented the activities, lessons and future directions of the PPCR Online Community, initiated in 2012. Participants discussed the results of the activities and the usefulness of this form of knowledge management, made suggestions to enhance the use of web-based tools, and identified additional topics of interest.
12:30 pm – 1:00 pm: Briefing on Consultations for Sub-Committee Seats
- The CIF Administrative Unit Program Manager briefed pilot countries and responded to questions on the consultations for selecting countries to sit on the PPCR Sub-Committee and Joint CTF-SCF Committee. The consultations were held in Istanbul on Monday, November 5, 2012
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Lunch Break
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm: PPCR M&E Show Cases
- Cambodia and Mozambique presented their M&E case studies to the pilot countries and sought feedback on their approach. Countries discussed their experiences and identified common challenges in anchoring PPCR M&E within the national M&E system.
3:00 pm – 3:15: Sharing Experiences from Outside the PPCR: Measuring Results in IFAD's ASAP
- Director of IFAD's Environment and Climate Division presented the results measurement approach for IFAD's new Adaptation for Smallholder Agriculture Program (ASAP).
3:15 pm – 3:30: Wrap-up and Closing
Note: The following session was open to pilot countries and contributor countries only.
3:30 pm – 6:00 pm: Pilot Country Consultations on revised PPCR Results Framework
- Pilot countries discussed the revised draft PPCR Results Framework. The CIF Administrative Unit introduced the revised logic model and results framework. Subsequently, the participants broke into working groups to assess the appropriateness of the proposed core indicators. They then provided feedback that was incorporated and shared with the PPCR Sub-Committee.