The second meeting of pilot countries participating in the Scaling-up Renewable Energy Program (SREP) took place on Monday, 20 June, 2011 at the Cape Town International Conference Center, Cape Town, South Africa.
Pilot countries participating in the SREP are advancing towards the preparation of investment plans, with some joint missions having already taken place. The objective of this meeting was to provide technical input to countries in support of the preparation of investment plans.
Presentations and Related Documents:
1. Managing for Results: Implementation of the SREP Results Framework (Guido Geissler, CIF AU)
2. Gender and Renewable Energy (Stacy Alboher, UNDP)
3. Emerging Perspectives and Lessons Learned from PPCR Country Level Programming (presentation), PPCR Learning Brief (English, French, Spanish) (Erik Reed, CIF AU)
4. Climate Change and Renewable Energy (An Adaptation Perspective) (presentation); Assessing Climate Change Risk of SREP Investments (document) (Claudio Forner, CIF AU)
5. Policies for Promoting Renewable Energy (Lucas Black, UNDP; Glenn Hode, UNEP)
6. Financing Renewable Energy: Options for Developing Financing Instruments Using SREP and Other Public Funds (Mustafa Zakir Hussain, World Bank)
7. Renewable Energy Financing: Options Guidance Webtool (Ashaya Basnyat, World Bank)
8. SREP Subsidies Guidance Note (Andreas Biermann, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development)