FIP Pilot Country Meeting - October 31, 2012 in Istanbul Turkey
The fourth meeting of pilot countries participating in the Forest Investment Program (FIP) took place on October 31, 2012 in Istanbul, Turkey in association with the CIF 2012 Partnership Forum.
The meeting provided the opportunity for pilot countries to give updates on their progress with the FIP programming and implementation process. Participants also had the opportunity to discuss and provide feedback on the FIP learning product; revised FIP results framework and FIP M&E showcase. The final agenda and all presentations are available below.
Final Agenda (pdf)
List of Participants (pdf)
8:30 am: Registration
9:00 am – 9:30 am: Opening and Introduction
9:30 am – 11:30 am: Updates from Pilot Countries and Discussion
- Collated updates from all countries (pdf)
- Pilot countries had the opportunity to update meeting participants on the status of their investment plans, with particular focus on their progress, challenges, and lessons learned during preparation and implementation: Brazil, Burkina Faso, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Mexico, Peru (pdf)
11:30 am – 1:00 pm: Presentation of FIP Learning Product Draft and Discussion
- The draft FIP Learning Product on REDD+ Collaboration at the Country Level was circulated and presented by the CIF Administrative Unit, and focal points from each of the four FIP pilot countries visited (Burkina Faso, Democratic Republic of Congo, Indonesia and Peru) elaborated on their experiences. Participants discussed the key messages from the report, and the representatives from the four countries that were not visited shared additional lessons to be included in the final report.
2:00 pm – 2:45 pm: FIP M&E Show Case
- Lao PDR presented a brief on their national M&E systems in the forestry sector. They shared opportunities and challenges identified during the development of their investment plan for anchoring FIP M&E within the national M&E system. Following their presentation, participants from other pilot countries asked questions and shared their countries' experiences.
2:45 pm – 3:00 pm: Briefing on Consultations for Sub-Committee Seats
- The CIF Administrative Unit Deputy Program Manager briefed pilot countries and responded to questions on the consultations for selecting countries to sit on the FIP Sub-Committee and Joint CTF-SCF Committee. The consultations were held in Istanbul on Monday, November 5, 2012.
3:00 pm - 3:15 pm: Wrap-up and Closing
Note: The folowing session was open to pilot countries and contributor countries only.
3:15 pm - 6:15 pm: Pilot Country Consultations on revised FIP Results Framework
- The pilot countries had an opportunity to discuss the revised DRAFT FIP Results Framework. The CIF Administrative Unit presented an introduction to the simplified logic model and results framework. Subsequently, the participants discussed the proposed results framework in working groups and provided feedback that was incorporated and shared with the FIP Sub-Committee.