The second meeting of pilot countries participating in the Forest Investment Program (FIP) took place on Wednesday, 22 June, 2011 at the Cape Town International Conference Center, Cape Town, South Africa.
The objective of this meeting was to provide input to countries in support of the preparation of their investment plans. The program of the meeting included, among others, targeted discussions on the involvement of stakeholders, cooperation with partners and donors, synergy with national processes and results frameworks.
Presentations and Associated Documents:
1. Dedicated Grant Mechanism for Indigenous Peoples and Local Communities (Andrea Kutter, CIF AU)
2. Collaboration among REDD+ Partners (Andrea Kutter, CIF AU)
3. The Links between the FIP and the REDD+ National Process in the Democratic Republic of Congo (English), Lien entre le FIP et le Processus National REDD+ en République Démocratique du Congo (French) (Victor Kabengele, DR Congo MECNT-REDD NC)
4. Gender and the Forest Investment Program (Stacy Alboher, UNDP; Linda Mossop-Rousseau, WOCAN)
5. Engager les Parties Prenantesau Niveau National, Le Casdes Programmes Pilotes du FSC en Afriquede l’Ouest: PPCR Niger, PIF Burkina et SREP Mali (French) (Taoufiq Bennouna, World Bank; Dan Bakoye Chaibou, Niger; Samuel Yeye, Burkina Faso, Mamadou Ouattara, Mali)
6. Engaging Stakeholders in REDD+ Peru (Augusto Castro, Peru MINAM)
7. Managing for Results: Implementation of the FIP Results Framework (Guido Geissler, CIF AU)